Sunday, April 10, 2016

Life update

Life Update

I think it is time for a life update, considering my last post was 3 months ago. The statement, "Time does fly when your having fun" has not been more true.  It seems like it was just a couple days ago when I was writing down goals for 2016. Many things have happened these last few months and lots of lessons have been learned. Life his hard, but worth every second. 




Nationals 2016
For the Zenger family, Nationals has always been a big deal. This dance competition, held in the BYU Marriott Center, is the biggest competition of the year. It lasts for an entire week. All of our practice and goals go towards this competition. 




Kyla did it! She won her title. She is currently the reigning national amateur smooth champion.  After a disappointing year of placing second in youth smooth, she was out to prove that hard things can be accomplished. Thursday night of nationals she brought it all to the floor. She danced with passion and soul and because of her hard work, mental capacity, and love for dancing she won the title. She believed in her self and I am so proud and look up to her.



Lyiva and Ryan did very well for their first year of open. Lyvia has come along way and though this was their last competition together they danced beautifully.

 MaCade was awesome! I have been mentoring him and his partner Nikki and they have improved so much over the last year. Though they did not make the finals, their dancing was so much better than it was a year ago.



This was Aiden's first nationals. He is dancing with our second cousin Izzy. They were adorable!



My nationals was definitely an interesting one. I lost my dance partner last November and had to take a couple weeks off to try and find a new one. I was privileged to find a partner, who's name is Cesar. He didn't dance standard so we decided just to do Latin and Smooth. We only had 3 months until Nationals and 3 months is not a lot of time. We did very well at nationals in smooth, placing 5th in Pre-champ smooth.  Latin was not as fortunate. We had recently won at a competition early that month and then we competed at nationals and didn't even make it to the quarterfinals. It was the biggest slap in the face I have every had. One thing I did learn from my experience is that "skill beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard." From now on, when ever I don't feel like practicing I will remember this moment and practice even if I am tired.  Besides a disappointing result, this 2016 nationals was a success. I cannot wait for 2017, when I can show everyone that hard work and belief pays off.


We moved, again


This happened a couple months ago, but it was a big change so I might as well talk about it. We moved around the end of December to a new house in Lehi. It was a long process, but we made it and the house is working out well. The house has really high ceilings so everything echos and our school room is very tiny, but the backyard is big and we don't have neighbors practically sitting on top of our house. 


My freshman year of high school is completed

 For three years now I have been attending a online high school called Williamsburg Academy. I have gone to their middle school for two years and have absolutely loved it. This was my first year of high school and I utterly love this school. I finished my freshman year as the debate champion of my whole class, with a 4.0 grade, and lasting friendships.  This school is an amazing school filled with amazing learning opportunities. I cannot wait for my sophomore year!

Dane Majic had their second senior showcase

 I had the rare opportunity this final senior showcase to dance with one of the senior boys because his partner wasn't able to do it.  It was an awesome opportunity and I had a blast doing it.

Team Tryouts were a couple weeks ago.

This year was probably the most stressful tryouts I have ever done. It was my first year trying out for youth team. It went quite well because I made both A teams. I am excited to be on the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment